Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cablevision COO Tom Rutledge Resigns

CBSJohnny Galecki in "The Big Bang Theory" Johnny Galecki was up early catching up on correspondence on his second day off from production on CBS hit comedy The Big Bang Theory when he started getting text messages with news of his first Golden Globe nomination from the publicity folks at the show's studio, Warner Bros. Television.our editor recommends'The Artist' Tops Golden Globe Nominations Golden Globe Awards Nominations: The Complete ListGolden Globe Awards Nominations: The Nominees' ReactionsGolden Globe Awards Nominations: Key Stats, Inclusions and Snubs (Analysis)'Homeland' EPs Lowered Expections After SAG Shutout, Rewarded With 3 Golden Globe Noms "They started texting me at 5:20 in the morning and I accused them of being misinformed and drunk," Galecki said with a laugh. "I replied with, 'You're misfiring texts to [The Mentalist star] Simon Baker or someone else, this can not be true." PHOTOS: Golden Globe Awards Nominees In true form to his on-screen alter ego, lovable nerd Leonard Hofstadter, Galecki needed further convincing of the accolade. "They told me, 'No, it's you, go to HollywoodReporter.com and they sent me the link because I couldn't believe it," he said of his nom for actor in a comedy series. With The Big Bang Theory shut out of the comedy series category after having picked up nominations in the field last year, Galecki said he considers his individual recognition representative for the show as a whole -- and for co-star Jim Parsons, who took home the trophy in the category last January. COMPLETE LIST: 2012 Golden Globe Awards Nominees "It's like a drum and bass circle -- my character doesn't work without his character and vice versa," he said. "I wish the show had been nominated, certainly. I don't feel the nomination singles me out by any means; so much goes into this character that happens without my being aware. I think all of these accolades will shift between all of us. Sometimes they'll be funneled through Jim, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar and Kaley Cuoco. I'm touched, proud and stunned to be chosen as that representative." Noting that he has leaned on two-time Emmy winner Parsons for tips on how to navigate awards season after picking up his first Emmy nom last year, Galecki said his co-star was one of the first to congratulate him on the kudos, suggesting he get back on the treadmill in a nod to how he handled his nervous energy on Emmy day. "I've been in the biz quite a bit longer than Jim but the last few years as these accolades have been spread out, I find myself going to him for days like today," he noted. The former Roseanne star already had plans to attend The Big Bang Theory's 100th episode party Thursday night and joked he'd celebrate the nomination there. "Maybe now I'll throw on a tie," he laughed. PHOTO GALLERY: View Gallery Golden Globe Awards: The Nominees Golden Globes Johnny Galecki The Big Bang Theory Golden Globes 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment